Airplanes have always fascinated me- even as an adult it just amazes me to see them take off and land on a runway. Instead of driving to an airport to watch, why not stay at a hotel with front-row views of the runway?! My husband and I did just that and we had such a great time and stay at the new Residence Inn Columbus Airport Hotel!
I would like to start out by thanking Residence Inn Columbus Airport for being an outstanding host, and as always all opinions are my own.
The view from our room!
The Residence Inn Columbus Airport Hotel was such a fun hotel to stay at! We stayed in the studio suite, which included a full-size kitchen, seating area, desk, queen-size bed, and large bathroom!
When entering the room, you are welcomed into a full-size kitchen equipped with everything you'd ever need! It had a fridge, microwave, sink, stove, coffee maker, and the cutest little dishwasher! I was also so surprised to find pots, pans, dishes, coffee mugs, paper towels, dish soap, and even mixing bowls! The kitchen also has a little bar to sit at with bar stools.
The full size kitchen has everything!
Complimentary Starbucks coffee.
Next, you'll find a sitting area with a couch and a desk!
The couch can also be made into a bed!
The desk area and beautiful window views
I loved that TV rotates so you can watch it while in the kitchen, sitting on the couch, and laying in bed! The desk had amazing lighting from the window and lamp! Would really be a great place if you work remotely!
The Queen bed was so comfortable!
The Lobby was so cozy and beautiful with a fireplace, bar, and dining area. They do offer complimentary breakfast-to-go due to the dining area being closed off because of COVID- but that's always subject to change!
We loved the beautiful decor and colors!
The cozy dining area.
I loved these cute whisk lights in the dining area!
There was also a Market next to the check-in area where you can buy snacks and travel essential items! This came to be so helpful when I realized I forgot to pack some things!
We loved how convenient the Market was!
I also loved there was live departure and arrival information!
Outdoor Seating and Pool Area
Beautiful outdoor seating with a fire pit!
The indoor pool area is now open! When checking in ask to reserve a time block!
What to do Around Columbus
- One of the things we did the next morning was visit the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens! It's truly amazing and we highly recommend!
- Another neat place is the German Village! We loved the quaint shops and cobblestone streets!
- If you're looking for a great view of the city, the Scioto Mile is a beautiful park to walk!
- Short North Art District is also a beautiful place to visit full of shops are restaurants! We ate dinner at Forno, which has beautifully made cocktails and amazing food!
Other Things to Note
- We did hear the planes, but it honestly wasn't terrible and sounded just like a plane going over our house. About after 9 pm, I didn't hear them at all! Air traffic really slows down in the middle of the night!
- When booking, make sure to ask for a room with a runway view to watch the airplanes!
- This hotel is pet friendly! There is an additional pet fee.
- Click here to book your stay!
We loved our stay here and watching the airplanes was so much fun! this would also be a great stay for kids who love airplanes!
Would you stay here? Let me know in the comments!
As always feel free to share!
Happy and safe travels!